Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 14 - Adventures in Bad Gandershiem

After having a farewell dinner with Lisa, Tobi and Pat in Hanover we headed south for our trip to Bad Gandersheim. It took us an hour on the Autobahn. The Autobahn still amazes me. Tony was driving about 150 km/hr and the cars in the fast lane must have been doing over 200 km/hr as they whizzed past us like we were standing still.

We arrived about 9:30pm and after introductions to Peter and his girlfriend Sylvia we got comfy with a beer and a chat. I went to bed at 11:30 but Tony and Peter had a lot of catching up to do and after a few more beers went to bed at 2am.
After breakfast Peter kindly showed us around the village. The old buildings are kept so well and so beautiful with potted flowers everywhere. Peter is a physio  therapist and took us to his practice. I even had a 10 min massage on my neck and shoulders from him and I could have gone to sleep again. My shoulders and neck have been sore for a while and after 10 mins they felt like new again. He told Tony how to massage my shoulders so he can keep the therapy going back home......lucky me!
Yummy German breakfast
Having some physio done on my neck......I'm a new person!
Inside the local church - just amazing!


The Crypt!




The Market Square



The smallest pub I've seen

Eat apples right off the tree!
and plums too!
The rains are coming!
After lunch we took a long walk to the next village and back which was about 7 Kim's. My very hi tech shoes got me there and back without a problem! When we arrived at the next village we just had to stop for a rest and of course that required coffee, tea and a icecream. The icecream was handmade by the cafe and was delish......and not fattening at all!



 Peter and Sylvia love to hike.


 The beautiful handmade ice cream.


 Tony's off his diet!

Even the dogs have their own ice cream.

 And roses that smell like roses!  Exquisite!


Solar power for the cows.

There are thousands of these Wind Turbines dotted everywhere.  Find out more information about them here!


  






7kms is a long walk and when you've got to go you've got to go!




My hi-tech walking shoes got me there and back!

Tonight we are going to have an Aussie style BBQ. Can't wait!









Tomorrow we will be visiting Lisa's grandmother/Oma Hiltrude, in Einbeck. We will also take a look around Einbeck where Lisa grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment